Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Plan

So, I am now out of my home. I no longer have a permanent place of residence. Since moving out, I have become vaguely aware that I'm actually going to do this. This is another post I'd been putting off because it somehow didn't seem real to me, but now that 50% of my possessions are in my car and I'm spending time on (rather insistent) friends couches I think I'm safe in saying that the scene is set quite well.

With that realization, I decided to actually post my tentative plans. I say tentative because I would like to go with the flow as much as possible, but I understand that having a vague plan would be a good idea. I'll be leaving on the journey on March 8th, heading west. Here are my intended destinations so far:

Lawrence, KS
Denver, CO
San Luis, CO
Grand Canyon, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Somewhere in South Cali
Seattle, WA
Mount Rushmore, SD
Minneapolis, MS
Chicago, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Panama City, FL
Corpus Christi, TX
Austin, TX
Dallas, TX
Tulsa, OK

About 8500 miles round trip. I only hope that my car is up to the task... it hasn't been the most reliable, but it does now have a rebuilt engine. I'll pray to the Honda gods for a successful trip.

If you know anyone in or in between these cities who would welcome a beer with a friend of a friend, or even who might be so kind as to provide a couch to a transient for the night, be sure to have them get in touch with me. collapsedwavefunction@yahoo.com . Of course, if you are in one of these towns, also get in touch with me (yes, that means YOU).

Well I need to get going. I have to go get my car checked over again at 8am tomorrow. Yes, Honda gods, I have faith in you. I just don't trust you.

1 comment:

  1. I think a pic of your weary steed is in order :)
    And wow that is some round trip, you may have to bury the car after your travels. ;)
    I don't think our car would manage even a third of that lol
    Good luck chuck!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete