Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To My Friends

"Thanks for allowing me the use of your couch, guys," I said as Crystal and Jeremy went off to bed tonight.

Crystal looked over at me and gave me a wry look. "You're more than welcome, you know that," she said. "Don't be such a fag."

"I'm being nice," was my defense. "I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it. Don't be so cunty." It's just the way we talk to each other. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

---

I decided not to leave until March 8th because I wanted to spend some time with local friends before going off on my trip, as I'm not sure I'll be back in town for a while after this whole thing seeing as I am moving back to England for a while. I had been worried that I would outstay my welcome... but that worry seems to have been completely unnecessary.

I find myself taking calls from each of my friends in turn, asking me to come over that day and spend another night on their couches, or confirming that they have me on a certain day. It turns out that I have the very best friends in the world. As I have noted previously, it makes me very uncomfortable to ask a favor of anyone, and was worried I would start to feel that "guilt" creep in. So far, another issue that proved unnecessary, as I don't actually have to ask anyone. It's all kind of thrust upon me.

So with that said, I just wanted to personally thank Chrisdro and the Blanke family for allowing me to stay with them, cook with them, and share some good times with them. Oh, and the use of a few square feet of your basement. I always look forward to seeing and spending time with you guys, always great times and laughs to be had. Oh yes and Chris, remember to feed the yeast, man.

Also, thanks to Crystal and Jeremy for the use of your couch, taking my server, and making sure I'm well fed. Seems not a minute goes by without Crystal offering me food of some sort, often accusing me of having "manorexia". It's been great hanging out with you guys, as it always is.

Tomorrow I'll be staying on Lauren's couch, after her checking if it's her day with me multiple times this week. I'm looking forward to spending some time hanging out with someone I don't know quite as well. Related: thanks to everyone who has offered to hook me up with friends and couches in various places on my travels. I look forward to meeting some trusted strangers.

Off for now, going to make one more post about my day, and then continue in my reading of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which Crystal insisted I take on my travels. Unfortunately, it seems I'll be done with it before I leave.

6 comments:

  1. 3 times, easy. Anyhow, it wasn't a complaint... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is it my turn? I need the money from the sale of your kidney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the ball gag all shined up, new hooks for the ceiling, and the nipple clamps are all freshly boiled. Its going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denny's. Reschedule.

    ReplyDelete